Menards® Premium Starter Fertilizer 15-23-10 is a quality fertilizer formulated for use with new seeding, sodding or overseeding existing lawns. It encourages strong root development and overall healthier grass by providing an ideal balance of nutrients necessary for the unique requirements of new seeding and sod. The higher levels of phosphorus and potash stimulate rapid root development for dense, even growth while the nitrogen provides a rich, green color.
• This product is specially formulated for seeding or sodding a new lawn.
• High rates of phosphorus and potash give better root development.
• Unique formula that stimulates early growth and thickening of newly seeded or sodded lawns.
When to Apply:
• Use on new lawns prior to seeding or sodding, either spring or fall.
How to Apply:
Below are the three most common uses for a starter fertilizer. See back of bag for proper spreader settings.
• New lawns from seed: For best results, apply this product in the spring or fall. Apply 3.4 pounds of product per 1000 sq. ft. with a broadcast (rotary) or drop spreader. Work the fertilizer into the top 1 to 2 inches of soil. Smooth the surface, apply seed (according to label instructions), rake lightly or roll, water moderately. Keep the treated area soil moist with frequent and light watering until lawn is well established. Do not overwater or allow seedbed to dry out.
• Overseeding established lawns: Apply 3.4 pounds of product per 1000 sq. ft. with a broadcast or drop spreader. Apply seed according to label instructions.Water frequently.
• New lawns from sod: Apply 3.4 pounds of product per 1000 sq. ft. with a broadcast or drop spreader. Water frequently.
After your lawn has been mowed 2 to 3 times (or 4 to 6 weeks after seeding or sodding) apply Menards Premium Lawn Food 30-0-3 for sustained health and color.
Do not apply near water, storm drains, or drainage ditches. Do not apply if heavy rains are expected. Apply this product only to your lawn and sweep any product that lands on the driveway, sidewalk, or street, back onto your lawn.
People and pets can return to the treated area after it is dry and the dust has settled. Always refer to the product label for complete Directions for Use.
17# 260-1614 SDS
3.4# 260-1613 SDS